Monday 7 October 2013

My biggest fear of being single

I stumbled upon Mandy Hale's Single Woman 30 day blog challenge and today's question was just this: what's your biggest fear about being single? And I was like men, I don't have any fears jor, I am happy, fear is not my portion (feeling all holy and sanctified, lol), if I confess fear, it might make me less of who I am....blah, blah, blah.... You get the point.
But then I thought to myself, Bunmi stop using Christian epithets to cover the truth, you have fears and that is the truth. And I did some quick soul searching (as quick as you can get at 5:50am, lol) as the challenge is supposed to be all truth and no pretence.
And you know what, I am scared! May be not every day but once in a while, I get this slightly shaky feeling when I think of my single status. That feeling of am I always going to be single? Will my 30s roll by without marriage? Am I not going to get the joy of a loving, superbly handsome makes me giddy, puts butterflies in my tummy, annoys me but knows how to make up for it husband? Am I always going to be Aunty BumBum as my darling Praise and Nehemiah call me rather than Mama Kitty or Mother(in an exasperated British accent)? Am I not going to share my life's achievementsssssssss (the emphasis because I am going to have loads ;)) with my own family?
Those fears do tend to raise their ugly head once in while but guess what? I have found the perfect antidote to them. God. His love and reassurance and Word have me totally sold out on the fact that those fears are baseless. No matter how long (in my human estimation), I am going to have all those desires (especially my superbly handsome makes me giddy hubby) and more. Why? Because of Ephesians 3:20 and Jeremiah 29:11 (look it up ;)).
So when my biggest fears do show up and show up they will, I just say God's got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment